ServicesYour divorce solution, for couples and individuals.
Providing Financial Expertise
Wiser Divorce Solutions works with couples, individuals, mediators and attorneys, providing financial expertise during divorce. We are trained in all the financial aspects of divorce including retirement plan valuation, marital vs. separate property, and how to best structure your settlement with respect to taxes.
Financial Neutral with Creative Settlement Options
If you and your spouse are amicable and want to avoid costly litigation we will work as a financial neutral to provide you creative settlement options. This may reduce taxes allowing you both to keep more of your own money. You may have investments, retirement accounts, pensions, businesses, expenses, rental properties, etc. We can help you structure a property settlement that is fair and avoids tax pitfalls.
Quality Divorce Team Member
Your divorce does not have to be represented only by an attorney or by a CDFA®. If you are working with an attorney, we can become part of your divorce team and provide key financial support for issues noted above.
We also provide:
- Inspection and auditing of completed financial affidavit forms.
- Expert presentation, litigation support and expert witness services in court or mediation proceedings.
Divorce Financial Mediation
A mediator is often an important asset, especially during a particularly tricky or unhappy divorce process. However, while they are proficient at mediating between people, they often struggle with comprehensively analyzing and explaining the financial complexities of a settlement.
Collaborative Divorce is a process in which both parties seek to settle amicably without going through litigation. Collaborative divorce offers the services of legal, mental health, and financial professionals working together as a team in non-adversarial fashion.
- Both parties sign a Collaborative Agreement which describes the nature and scope of their participation and stipulates that they will not go to court to resolve their differences.
- The parties voluntarily provide all relevant information to the settlement process.
- The parties agree to make good faith efforts to achieve a mutually agreeable settlement.
- Each party must be represented by an attorney whose participation terminates immediately upon introduction of any contested court proceeding.
- The parties may engage other experts as necessary, including financial and mental health experts whose participation terminates immediately upon introduction of a contested court proceeding.
For more information about the Collaborative Divorce process, please visit the web page of The Collaborative Divorce Group of Southern Nevada
Post-Divorce Transition Assistance
Welcome to this new chapter in your life! You have the opportunity to start over again; to find new meaning and purpose. We can help you lay the financial foundation for your new life. Whether you need help with simply planning a budget or making sure your investments are set up to meet your life goals, we can help you find financial clarity.
Read more about we help women going through this major life transition.
Our post-divorce services include:
Helping Safeguard Your Settlement
Your divorce settlement should be designed to help support your lifestyle for the long term. We work with you to help you stick to your financial plan.
Investments that may have been in a joint portfolio or an ex’s 401k or IRA may need to be reallocated once these holding are split. You may have different investment risk tolerances than your spouse and different goals. We help you align your investments with your unique circumstances.
Once the divorce is final there is still work to do to ensure you receive what has been agreed upon in the divorce settlement. We can help you open new accounts, follow up on QDROs, change beneficiary designations and transfer existing accounts. We can also review your different types of insurance, paying attention to obligations under the settlement agreement.
Don’t waste time and money in litigation.
We will contact you to set up your Wiser Divorce Strategy Session.
In Your Strategy Session We Will:
- Discuss various divorce options and seek clarity on the best option for your particular situation
- Identify your biggest fears and discuss how to deal with them
- Review your financial situation and explore creative settlement ideas
- Look to your future and the transition to the next phase of your life
- Provide you with any additional resources you may need going forward
Only 5 sessions available each month!
Schedule Your Session Today!
Wiser Divorce Solutions
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®), Andrew Hatherley can help you to reach a workable resolution to your divorce so that you can get on with your new life and get started on your dreams.
Office Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm
Call Us: (702) 835-6960
Directions: Map It
Andrew Hatherley is NOT AN ATTORNEY AND DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. All information he provides is financial in nature and should not be construed or relied upon as legal or tax advice. Individuals seeking legal or tax advice should solicit the counsel of competent legal or tax professionals knowledgeable about the divorce laws in their own geographical areas. Divorce planning is a fee-only process that does not involve investment advice or securities or insurance transactions.